Saturday, December 12, 2009

And the title for World's Worst Blogger goes to:

Me.

Yeah, I know, I generally suck at keeping on top of this blog, even when I have wonderful and neat things to show you.

Like my annual trek to San Francisco! Yes, life (and my husband *blows kisses*) were good to me again this year, and I got to visit my BFF Kimberly in San Fran again for BABE. Despite a SNAFU at the very start (I'm not saying!) it was even more wonderful than last year! First, we found a fabulous new bead store to visit! Kiowa Rose in Fremont, CA rocks! They have an Awesome Selection of Czech glass! It was tough to control ourselves, I must say. It was that Awesome. Check out the link, and I'm sure you'll agree that it's a must-visit if you're in the area. They have a drawing where you win a selection of beads, then create something to enter into another competition. Kimberly won! She blogs about it here, and shows you pictures of the beads and her creation. Very lovely.

We went to Japantown again, and Kinokuniya, the Japanese book store came through again. I know have two new Beads Bee's and two new My Beads Style's and a new 50 Beads book. A little disappointed they didn't have Yoko Shimizu's new book, but Beads Bee Vol. 23 features Yoko's work with a few recipes. I'll detail in another entry. I also got my hands on some new ceramics at Shiki, and some fabulous new containers at a new "dollar-fifty store" in the mall.

Other than beading--which, let's face it, is reason enough--there was other fabulous shopping, eating, and we had a great time taking Taffy, her new dog, on walks in a vain attempt to wear her out. We have found the perpetual motion machine, and it's name is Taffy!

Thanks, Kimberly, for letting me come! It was PERFECT!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am saying - I left Lisa sitting at the airport for 6 hours - longer than her whole flight out here - because I thought she was arriving the next day. WORLD'S WORST FRIEND. But we did have FUN!!!!! And I have been beading like a fiend since she left. AND I MISS HER!

LisaB said...

"WORLD'S BEST FRIEND"

There I fixed it. You call yourself a journalist making typos like that? LOL I miss you too! *hugs*

Kimberly Ligocki said...

Hey, I wanna read a new blog post. GET BUSY. I've been beading up a storm. Started with a motif in Bead Fantasies III. Will post pictures soon.