Saturday, September 12, 2009

Beading for Hunters . . . .

Well, my husband recently signed on to be the area chairman for our local Ducks Unlimited chapter. He asked me to make a couple of things for their banquet auction.

My first though was a duck pattern from Motif Beads by Keiko Kitamura. Trouble is, she documents like no other artist, and I've never really figured it out. I was determined however, and once I put my mind to it I figured it out. I actually think it's easier to follow than most animal since the circular nature can be tough to follow.

Here he is. He's going on a leather cord to be a pendant because Daren thinks it should be "jewelry", but I think he's cute as is.
Those are 3mm bicones, so he's a little bigger than a quarter. :D

The second piece I made is Sakiko Kusinagi's "Camouflage Bracelet" from her second book, "Favorite Beads Jewelry." I like Sakiss, but her documentation leaves much to be desired. 400 4mm crystals, in varying shades of green, all documented in a black and white drawing with shades of grey to tell me the color pattern. Did I mention the drawing was less than scale? Let me just say I won't be disappointed to never make another one. Actually, I can't make another one since Swarovski discontinued two of the colors. I was wondering how it might look in pink camouflage?


No comments: