Monday, July 13, 2009

New Books!


I've been remiss in sharing my new books. One the left is one I'm pretty excited about, Beads Story byTomoko Yoshikawa . At this point in my collecting, I've got to be pretty stunned by something to really want a book, (unless it's one of my fave five, natch.) This book has the most amazing treble clef motif. Truly stunning. It's a well photographed and documented book, with both jewelry and petit motifs like you see at the left. This author has a new book out this month, and already I'm watching for it to hit my sellers. *shakes fist at Amazon.jp for raising shipping rates*

The second book is one by the inimitable Yoko, another wedding book--"White Beads Jewerly for Happy Wedding." This book is interesting because it's published by Mook as a part of the "My Beads Style" series, so the size and documentation are the same as that series. I can't say as I prefer it to her earlier "boutique" books. I've not a big fan of using people to model the jewelry in pictures. It seems to result in less jewerly-oriented pictures in my opinion. The works are stunning, as usual though, and it amazes me how many American brides get married with either nothing or a boring strand of pearls when their jewelry could be as special as that dress they spent weeks picking out and beaucoup bucks buying. I've added a link to Yoko's site, Laciq Beads on the left sidebar.

No comments: