Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wedding Jewerly



My brother, nearing fifty, is finally marrying the woman of his dreams this weekend. I made two pieces of jewelry for Julie to pick from. Her only instructions were "vintage-y." O.o

The first shown is made with 3 Swarovski 18x13 pear shape fancy cut crystals in Crystal Moonlight, and Swarovski pearls in the new platinum color. It's made to sit right at the base of the throat. The center motif is made using a perforated brooch finding.

This one below Czech fire polish beads and 10mm Swarovski 4470s set in brass. There's a love little brass motif of lovebirds in the center.



So here's hoping she likes one. :D

3 comments:

Katrin mdmB said...

These are both gorgeous! I had no idea that crystal moonlight goes so well with platinum pearls - as if they were wxactly the same hue!

And your beading book collection is breath taking! I've been looking for Beads Bee vol 20, but it's quite expencive and then I need to add shipping costs as well...

Best regards.

LisaB said...

Thank you very much. Julie liked them both too, but we agreed the crystal one went better with her dress. (Ivory can mean anything, you know?)

I do have a lot of books. Don't tell my husband. Check out my sellers for bead books. I know Pompadour rolls shipping into the book price if you're willing to take the slow boat.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's taken so long! I absolutely LOVE tha first necklace! Which one did she pick?
Bobbi Reed